View Single Post
Old 12-04-2011, 04:25 PM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Salt Water fly cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Owl View Post
I learned the 10 O'Clock to 12 O'Clock way to cast a fly line which is okay on a little trout stream but I see these photos of salt water casters with their arms way back and I have no idea how to make that type of cast- which I assume is done to get more distance. In any event any explanation or sources I can study would help a lot. Thanks.
basically the theory says that the further the rod tip travels during the "speed up and stop" the tighter the loop, and the tighter the loop the less air resistance.
You can read more about it in Ed Jaworowski's book The Cast

---------- Post added at 05:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:07 PM ----------

It's a shame that there's no video for Mark Sedotti's Sayonara Sling. He's a casting freak.
You should google him (any hot links would be to other forums). And if he's ever at a club meeting or show near you, go see.