View Single Post
Old 01-18-2006, 09:45 AM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future
Default Re: fly tyer magazine

I used to buy it pretty often, but have kind of gotten to the stage where I have tried enough of the tying "tricks" and just tie what I know works, and works in lots of places.

Some of the stuff might be way over your head, but that shouldn't keep you from trying it. If you see something that you wanna tie in there, look around for instructions on the web on the techniques. Struggling through hard stuff is one of the best ways to get better. And remember, using a razor blade, you can always re-use the hook if what's on it isn't satisfactory.

Hate to send you to another site, but the fly tying section on www.flyanglersonline.com has thousands of dollars worth of instruction. The archive probably includes as many flies as 4 years worth of that magazine as well. Some of them are more of the "old standards" type, along with many new and innovative patterns.

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.