View Single Post
Old 12-05-2011, 11:37 PM

dean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant future
Default Re: CutThroat Hand Woven Furled Leaders, Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by dans89 View Post
Thanks for the awesome review. I think I just might have to try these out. One question Mike, Do you recommend one leader type over the other? Meaning the ring type or the Shrob loop? If so why? And could you please explain the advantages and disadvantages of each?

EDIT: I just read the F.A.Q.S and testimonials sections of your website, and I have to say that I am truly impressed. These leaders are at the top of my "Have to" list.
I know you asked Mike, but the ring is the way to go. I was slightly skeptical, thinking "a metal ring at the end of a dry fly tippet?" - but the ring is small that it really makes no difference. The major advantage is tying the tippet to the ring; it is easily threaded and you can securely cinch your knot to it. I imagine cinching down on the shorb leader loop would be quite difficult to clip the knot free without endangering the leader loop vs. clipping the knot at the metal ring is a snip!

You will enjoy casting these leaders. The only draw back I discovered was fishing in the cold (very cold). The leader holds some water and froze solid. Even though I was nymphing, it wasn't good. But that is minor. Use your tapered mono for winter nymph fishing, big deal.