Thread: Shad?
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2011, 11:27 AM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of
Default Re: Shad?

Allan, speaking on flounder in particular: I often used to fish a particular bay/estuary area that had some flounder in it, but this is when I was a cheating spin-fisherman... nevertheless, sometimes working a deeper jig flounder would take an interest. Since they are such a flat fish, they can turn their body like a jack, pompano, or permit and put some power into the fight if they're feeling inspired. If you work a crustacean imitation or even a minnow across the bottom, you're likely to take a flounder or two. It helps that they are tasty and easily filleted... I can't help with the shad, but I wonder if fishing for them is anything like pinfish in Florida, which is more of a battle of keeping them OFF your hook.

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...