View Single Post
Old 12-06-2011, 02:25 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: CutThroat Hand Woven Furled Leaders, Review

A total convert here to woven furled leaders on Spey Rods.

Frank's opening paragraph is exactly what I found ... a real disappointment. 95% of my fishing is with a 2-hander rod and the use of a furled leader came a 'Hummm, might work?'

Boy Oh Boy does it ever. Asked to try out one of these on a 2-hander and 'tell us what you think.' Put one of the CutThroat (50" nymph) leaders on a new sink head Scandi spey line, couple of feet of 10# flro-carbon leader and heavy fly to 'test drive the brand.' (Disclosure here: I've been using another posters furled leaders for some time and they are the 'Cat's Meow' too.)

Even at 90 some feet it rolled out like a champ. As an example, hold your arm out and cup your fingers upwards. That's exactly what the line/leader/fly looks like in the air ... all the way out to the end of the cast. No 'flop out to the side' as is (nasty) common with longer (light test) mono leader on a spey rod.

fae