View Single Post
Old 12-06-2011, 10:19 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Waders vs. Shorts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadharr View Post
When the waters wram up I will go in shorts and surf shoes. My waders were worn beyond repair earlier this year so on a warm day this November I was nuts enough to wade in shorts and surf shoes. After 10 minutes I could not feel my feet. After 20 minutes I starting losing my balance because I could not feel contact with the river bottom. I drew a lot of stares from fellow fisherman in their waders and more than a few comments on my sanity. But hey, it was too nice out not to fish! Didn't catch anything, except for maybe a cold, but it sure beat going to work!
Sounds like my Canadian friend. A couple of years ago we were fishing in really cold water and he looked over at me and said "When it's time to go, you may have to help me out of the water. I can't feel my legs." He doesn't do that anymore.

By the way, I notice you are new to the forum.