Thread: Sunglasses
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2011, 01:36 AM

williamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond repute
Default Sunglasses

I'm looking to get a good pair of polarized sunglasses. Thus far I haven't spent much at all on them, just stuff I get in a gas station, but I have trouble spotting fish. I've read through some of the threads on sunglasses but still have some questions for anyone who might have some guidance.

Do you get what you pay for? For example, if you look at the Orvis Superlights at $49 is the quality gained by going up to one of their Zeiss lenses is worth the extra $100 or so?

Secondly, do folks have a pair/lens they swear by? I'm open to recommendations if you've got one. If the quality is worth it I'm willing to pay more for better, but if there's a great pair for under $100 I don't need the name recognition to make me happy. I just want to be able to spot the fish better.

Living in Colorado, I primarily fish smaller streams, which are my preference, though we do fish some of the bigger rivers, alpine lakes, etc. I'm leaning towards an amber lens.

Thanks