View Single Post
Old 12-08-2011, 10:34 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: more online purchasing woes

I have made quite a few mail order purchases that either began through an on - line store or a hard copy catalog. Perhaps my experiences are a product of age or they may be the result of a sort of paranoid anal, overly cautious personality complex. My advice to you will make several points which I have found to be very helpful.

When there is a glitch such as those you describe, do not become obsessed with the situation. When you run into a difficulty and must contact the merchant you need to use a great deal of tact. You need to have the person you contact to emphasize with your situation. The way to get there is not to complain but to pleasantly inform the other party of your problem not to accuse the seller of making a mistake. Describe the mistake but do not attempt to have anyone 'own' the mistake, not you, not them.

In order to avoid future problems you need to be very thorough in questioning the seller regarding all the details of the sale and the product you are ordering. Documentation is paramount when a long distance transaction is taking place between parties who are unfamiliar with one another. In the process of asking questions you shouldn't give the other party the impression that you are badgering them but you must be sure they understand what you want or need from them.

Often we can find ourselves caught up in a misunderstanding, when we take time to examine all of the dialog that precipitated the situation we sometimes realize that there was much we could have done which would have mitigated the whole mess, this is what we know as hindsight.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;