View Single Post
Old 12-09-2011, 12:36 PM

swirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Woe to Ye Who Tread the Warm Waters

Quote:
Originally Posted by kibby View Post
Why does it seem like all of the places I want to fish are places I would cringe to step foot into? I have tossed a fly or two into milfoil-choked areas, but that was from a canoe. I'd often wonder if anyone actually wades or float-tubes these places where there are all manner of creepy-crawlies and cooties to be had? I've heard that snapping turtles - especially the huge ones can be pretty territorial, and will attack you if you get into their area. Then there are snakes. Oh, and leeches. Let's not forget gators!

I'm interested in hearing any stories you guys might have about this. Come on, now... its going to be a long winter!
I wade warmwater all the time. I've had everything from turtles to snakes, to muskrats scare the life out of me. Never been attacked but they almost made me wet my waders. As far as the leeches go, they bring out the 10 years old in me so I'm not above sticking one on a hook to land a fat Bass