View Single Post
Old 12-09-2011, 03:31 PM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Need some fine tuning help guys.

That's a good point that you bring up and a good question, sorry I missed that piece lol. I'll give my humble and inexperienced opinion and no doubt the experts here will chime in to validate.

The upper hand position has less to do with the length of the rod than does the type of casting you're doing...in this case 2 handed casting. I suspect whether you're doing traditional spey or skagit you want to keep it there. I would imagine that for one handed casting, it may be more of a personal preference.

Having logged many hours of fishing one hand rods exclusively, it would seem more natural to be closer to the reel. I know for me that was the case.

So what say the experts?