View Single Post
Old 12-09-2011, 05:20 PM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Waders and boots

I've been a long time Orvis wader owner recently converted to Simms G3's. They are the most breathable and comfortable wader I have owned...ever. The difference in breathability is significant enough for me to notice after only a couple of days on the water. My Orvis Pro Guides are now relegated to backup duty or maybe taking up space. I loved those boots and until the G3's were the best waders I had owned. I've stayed away from zippers on waders, it just seems like one other point of failure. Seems those who use them really like them though.

I swear by Simms boots and am using the Riversheds with the Streamtred soles and star cleats. I'm hard on boots and need a supportive and solid build from a boot. I had arthroscopic knee surgery a couple of years ago and while it's as good as it's going to get, it's not the same as it was. I have never been so confident in my footing with my current setup, felt soles included. Solid boot and great traction. The Streamtred soles are a huge improvement over the Aquastealth soles.