View Single Post
Old 12-09-2011, 08:21 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Need some fine tuning help guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swirlchaser View Post
Should my upper hand be above the reel or towards the top of the grip. At the top of the grip feels a little unatural at the moment but I'm thinking that's where I should be.
With the overhead cast, I still put my upper hand at the top of the grip. I don't think it makes a terrible amount of difference. If you are spey casting however, it makes a difference depending on the style you choose to do. If you look at the first 2 videos jayboy posted, they are different styles. Eoin Fairgrieve does it the style I do. Henrik Mortensen does it Scandi style. I tried that style and didn't like it. First of all it helps to have a fast rod for scandi style. Just my opinion but I don't think you can cast as far scandi style.