View Single Post
Old 12-10-2011, 03:54 PM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Most embarrassing moments?

Good post hammer. I went to college @ Bowling Green and know very well the crowds the Maumee attracts during the runs of Walleye.

I guess my most embarrassing moment was one time fishing the Allegheny National Forest with Chi flyfisher and another guy who used to fish with us, I was coming down a steep embankment crossing a back flow created by one or a herd of very busy beavers. I put my boot down and slid right down the mud, into the flow and stuck my arms out so as to keep water from filling into my boots. I did a gator roll and got myself up and out of there quickly with little water in my boots, but found Chi laughing hysterically and quite loud. We were in a fairly isolated area and his laughter just carried and echoed in the valley. I can hear his laughter echoing vividly as I type this. Once he finally caught his breath, he commented on my form when falling and how ridiculous I looked. I was just happy to not have water logged boots and clothes!

Funny thing about it, a year or so before, I was fishing another stream with a friend of mine and he proceeded to do the exact same thing. Unfortunately for him, there were several kids behind him watching him fish and they lost it. Along with the crowd of people who frequent the area and hit the antique shops.