View Single Post
Old 12-11-2011, 08:22 PM

dean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant future
Default Re: Small Streamer Swap

Looks good, Fontinalis. It is gonna be quite awhile till I get to fish these little devils, but I love the idea of breaking out a light rod on a small stream and tossing these little steamers into the promising holes.

I have decided on a pattern! I am going to make a Hornberg variant of some sort. I can't believe that I've let this fly fade so far from my memory. It was one of my favorite flies the first summer I was teaching myself to fly fish. I don't know why I liked it, I reckon it was the size, that it seemed to attract fish no matter if it was skating on the surface or drug under because I didn't know what I was doing. I also liked the name, a lot, and it just looked the way a fly was supposed to look when I didn't know any different.

Well, I still like it for all those reasons! I just haven't fished it in years.