View Single Post
Old 11-13-2008, 06:27 PM

mojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant future
Default Re: Does Scientific Anglers' Sharkskin Line Cause Excessive Guide Wear?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly2Fish View Post
When this line first came out, there was a lot of concern about it causing excessive guide wear because of its built-in roughness. In fact, there were a lot of anecdotes about it causing injury to the hands/fingers if the line was being braked that way, as well as some complaints about the "noise" the line made when being cast out (using an old Hardy click-&-pawl, equipment noise is the least of my concerns).

Now that it's been out for a while, I'd be interested in any feedback from those who've used it for a while as to whether you've observed abnormal guide wear.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.
Not from my experience. I haven't had it that long. (1 week), but a friend of mine that fishes almost daily, has had his for 15 months now, and say's it's as good as the day he bought it and shows no sign of wear on his guides. He normally goes thru a new line every 9-12 months. So far it's been cost effective for him.
And as for the sound it makes, it's a little weird at first, but you don't notice it after a while.