View Single Post
Old 12-14-2011, 04:00 PM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: JP's flies step by step...for beginners.

Here are a few of the JPB Olives that I tied up today; all on a Daiichi 1190 barbless hook; #14.

The 1190 is new hook for Daiichi and I really like it! I think I'll be tying all of my dries on this hook going forward.

I ended up liking an olive body with medium pardo CDL tail, a cream polyprop wing and a cree hackle. Unfortunately, the abdomen on the fly in the pic has a "tumor" midway down, but I don't think that it will turn off the fish; at least I hope it won't..............

Click the image to open in full size.

I sort of walked all over the ground with this pattern, from hackle madness (upper left) to tyer sadness (lower right).

Click the image to open in full size.

This is a great pattern!

I've fished it with J-P and it definitely gets the fish to rise and take. The fly is also practically unsinkable. I've found myself reaching for the Gink or the powdered desiccant several times with standard patterns like a para Adams. When I look upstream or downstream at J-P, he's still casting and his dry is still floating!

Don't miss out on tying up this pattern. It's a great one to have in your fly box.

Pocono