View Single Post
Old 12-14-2011, 05:16 PM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of
Default Re: A First Annual NAFFF Conference / Meeting;

In all honesty, Buffalo isn't an awful venue when it comes to sheer selection of waters surrounding it, but out of pure selfishness I'd love if the conference was held somewhere I haven't fished before
Returning to seriousness:
Buffalo's airport is fairly centrally located within an 1-1.5 hour drive of some very good water. While I know some of them, Mike/Nockhunter knows more and I know mrfzx and others are also familiar with the waters of WNY. The Salmon River isn't a very long drive, and I know the Delaware River is only four hours away as well. Certainly some of the waters in Buffalo are combat fishing at its finest, but given a good arrival time, a good number of people can fish a particular hole even in these areas. I'd have a much better time if all the people surrounding me were NAFFFers There are other waters, however, where there are far less people, where if you see one or two people it might be a rather busy day. If it were to be held in Buffalo, I'd have no qualms with shuttling people to and fro, and depending on where I'm living at the time as I will soon be looking for a new place, even offering a guest room or a couch if necessary! Buffalo does offer the chance to catch some seriously large browns and quite good lake-run steelhead, with a smattering of several species of salmon as well.

NEVERTHELESS, I will totally use my frequent flyer miles if we hold the conference out West, juuuuust saying, haha.

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...