View Single Post
Old 12-14-2011, 07:55 PM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of
Default Re: Lonely 10wt seeks big beautiful toothy fish...

I did a week on the Boundary Waters between Minnesota and Canada on a float trip. Some mornings we would catch fish and fillet them for breakfast (paddling gear and food around for a week isn't that bad, but portaging it is no fun). I can vouch for fresh pike being very tasty. As far as catching them, they seem to be very partial to a speedy, jittery retrieve and are quite prone to get-out-of-my-face antagonistic strikes. As soon as the fly hits the water be prepared for an aggressive strike. In fact, sometimes a "bad" cast where the fly smacks the water is just what you need for enticing a pike, but I'm going to have to defer here to the likes of more accomplished pike-catchers (like DiverDan!).

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...