View Single Post
Old 12-14-2011, 08:46 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Lonely 10wt seeks big beautiful toothy fish...

ttblom, I grew up in Colorado. I had relatives in Boulder. There isn't a real good Pike spot around there as far as I know, but they have been spread around a lot since I left. There are some good places down by Ft. Collins. I don't know if you can still get into Carbody lake there but it had a lot of them and some were fairly big. Some places like 11 Mile res. and Blue Mesa have them also but are not that close to Boulder.

I generally don't use a sinking line. Weed lines are great for smaller Pike, Big Pike go deeper as the water warms up. If you have rock reefs mid lake in Spiney they will go up on top in the warmer weather. Generally they will be the bigger fish to. Do you have a closed season for Pike there? Because if you don't, I have a couple of tips that will help you get a big one.

Also, in the fall as the water cools off the bigger ones will come back shallow again.

I'm going to PM you my number. If you want, I can help you out a bit on the phone. PM me back and let me know what's a good time to do it.
Dan

P.S. The best Pike fly I ever used;