View Single Post
Old 12-16-2011, 12:40 PM

stl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud of
Default Re: Small stream Stories and Pictures;

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatortransplant View Post
While I'm decidedly new to fly fishing, whenever I pass a stream, I have always found myself wondering if there were fish, usually trout, inhabiting it. When I was little it was always that way, and to this day, my fiancee has to drag me on whenever we pass any waterway. Is there any particular way to know if a given waterway holds fish, besides fishing it? It doesn't help that trout are amazing at disappearing even when very close by...
We would get along very well in person then. I have a terrible infatuation with water and small creeks. i just have to go into them. I am always in them, looking for them, my wife thinks im nuts ( well she usually is right ). Good things to look for off the bat is habitat. is there enough water to support fish, is there structure? is there stream flow? sometimes these things make take more then one visit to find out. I usually just end up fishing the stream reguardless, if nothing else it gets me out of the house and exploring. I have found some nice streams just off hunches. Another key thing to look for is insect life. look for spider webs and see what is caught in them, turn over rocks etc etc. if you find critters, chances are something that eats them is in there.

Storm Drain Bonefisher