View Single Post
Old 12-16-2011, 03:02 PM

dean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A First Annual NAFFF Conference / Meeting;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocono View Post
I will - for sure!

I've got a former colleague; ex-rodeo cowboy, now President of a major Vaccine company here in the US, who hails from Missoula. He says that there's some great trout fishing right there around Missoula!

Pocono
Oh, there is Allan. No doubt about it, I am spoiled, it's just fun to get away sometimes and Chico is so fun and the area so great.

But Missoula could be a great base for the gathering too. It's known as Five Valleys because Missoula sits along the Clark Fork River, within a 15 mile radius from the center of town, The Blackfoot and Bitterroot enter it. A smaller tributary, Rattlesnake Creek enters the Clark Fork right in town (nice little stream that headwaters in the wilderness on the edge of town). 20 miles East up I90, Rock Creek comes in. So you have three major rivers to float, plus wading on Rock Ck, the Bitterroot and Blackfoot are fun wading too. The Missouri - world's largest "spring creek" is an hour and half away. Some lesser known streams in the area too. Missoula is a good sized town with lots of amenities from camping to cheap hotels to B&B.