View Single Post
Old 11-18-2008, 02:30 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Traditional Ties

Attachment 1218

Attachment 1219

These are some of the flies that I tie and use for Trout and Silver Salmon here in Alaska. The Grey Ghost is no doubt recognizable to all and the other is a variation of The Grand Laker. The addition of the barred rock dramatically improved the results attained with this pattern.

Not exactly standard Alaskan fare for fishing and I expect my origins (North Eastern America) are evident by both the style of tie and the patterns that I stubbornly continue to fish everywhere I go.

I will say that you hate to loose one of these because they are not the type that you produce at a dozen or more per hour. However they offer a joy to the eye when swimming and even more so when protruding from the jaw of a beautiful fish.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_01000001.jpg (61.3 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_01010001.JPG (89.7 KB, 26 views)