View Single Post
Old 12-16-2011, 03:49 PM

dean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant future
Default Re: A First Annual NAFFF Conference / Meeting;

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnerney View Post
Dean: I agree Missoula or the Yellowstone area would be a good location for a meet, either one would work. Another good location would be to fish the Missouri below Holter Dam to Cascade, MT (30 miles). It has some great fishing and has something like 10 campgrounds right along the river and that section offers several public boat ramps for those that would like to float.
I was thinking about it more, the only reason I didn't mention Missoula initially was that I didn't want to be the homer. But the more I think about it, it would be a good locale. The only problem with the Missouri area is that it is the only game "in town" really and it almost has to be floated. Like I mentioned, it is not too far from Missoula, it is a day trip option - and a damn good one - you can make it back to town by evening.

I would guess that the Holiday Inn Downtown might offer a discount rate if a certain number of rooms where guaranteed. There are a lot of local businesses here that do that kind of thing, Missoula prides itself on this sort of thing. We have a good airport, but Spokane is bigger and about 100 miles of beautiful mountain commute on I90. And as I mentioned, there is a lot of variety of fishing in very close proximity. There are four full service fly shops, one of them is an Orvis endorsed, if that matters to anyone.

We have a few other Missoula members, and then lots of Bozeman members too. I for one would be glad to help out with hosting opportunity and leg work around town - talk to hotels, fly shops, etc. if this thing gets off the ground. Ard, feel free to PM me if you'd like to discuss any of this.