View Single Post
Old 12-19-2011, 11:00 AM

dean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A First Annual NAFFF Conference / Meeting;

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhayden View Post
West Yellowstone is nice because it has so many motel rooms, down side is that (for what you get) it's expensive - and crowded.. by Montana standards

Great rivers not too far away, it can be hard to get in/out of the park with crowds.

Other possibles (all small towns):
  • Ennis
  • Twin Bridges
  • Dillon
  • Livingston
  • Three Forks
All are pretty close to a lot of water. Depends on how many total went. Looking on a map, you can see what I mean

Missoula.. doesn't have as much 'small' water, that I prefer.. but I don't know it that well, but all the amenities are there. At least 2 nice rivers to float, Rock Creek and even Lolo - all within spiting distance
Ennis and Dillon, Twin Bridges and Sheridan...these are a few of my favorite things!

As Ard said, we'll wait and see if this idea gets traction, but for a smaller sized gathering TB or Dillon would be a lot of fun.

I have to ask, Dave, what do you consider "small"? I am almost strictly a wade fisherman myself and there are dozens of great stretches. I'd be glad to take you somewhere away from the shop recommended places.