Over the past few years I have been involved with a great organization no one has heard of. It's the Children's Oncology Camping Association, International (COCAI) .
Since childhood cancer has evolved from an inevitably fatal illness to a life-threatening chronic disease, children with cancer receive many positive benefits by participating in a camp experience. These children can have a variety of limitations, but first and foremost, they are still children — and want to be treated the same as kids without cancer with opportunities to run, play, swim, and enjoy being with other kids.
There are currently 65 COCAI memeber camps in the US. There are also several member camps from Canadian provinces and several camps located on faraway continents such as New Zealand and Europe.
This year COCA-I has put together a terrific raffle prize.
Fish with award winning guides trophy Rainbow and salmon, experience a fly out to see Alaska's Great Brown Bears. You'll also receive 5 nights lodging, and round trip airline tickets for 2 from Denver to Anchorage. If that isn't enough, the raffle winner will also receive $1400 cash for travel expenses.
Valued at around $7,500, the winner of the raffle wins a trip for two to Alaska for a genuinely once-in-a-lifetime experience. The raffle tickets are relatively inexpensive and all the proceeeds go to a really good cause.
Everything here for 2 people:
- Fly-out to See Alaska's Magnificent Brown Bear
- Two days of Guided Salmon fishing on the World-famous Kenai or Kasilof Rivers
- One day of Guided Trophy Rainbow Trout Fishing on the Upper Reaches of the Kenai River
- Five nights of Deluxe Riverfront lodging overlooking the Kenai River
- Roundtrip Airfare for Two - Denver to Anchorage on Frontier Airlines
- $1,400 Travel Voucher (winner is responsible for travel to Denver and between Anchorage and Soldotna)
Please go to Alaska Raffle
to find out more.'