Thread: First Vise
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2011, 11:00 PM

williamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: First Vise

That is a small base, I'd prefer a c-clamp to one that small. For my vise I initially only had the c-clamp and picked up a heavy, sturdy base for it and am much happier. I found when I attached it to the side of a table I'd drop more stuff on the floor and my wife always worried about me scratching wood, etc. One time when I tried tying with my brother we found none of their tables had a straight edge and I couldn't get my vise on anything. Hence the base. But it does need to be heavy and sturdy, a couple small magnets are not bad either to keep hooks from disappearing.