View Single Post
Old 11-22-2008, 09:53 AM

mikeo will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Beware the thread killer

Try reposting your question -- and you may find that others on board do respond -- as Frank pointed out yours is a very specialized question -- not many fly fish for walleye, likely much less with a spey rod -- nice fish in your picture by the way -- but as for the rep of this forum or people on it, may I suggest you take some of the "bite" out of your choice of words -- this is a fine forum for all things fly fishing -- and even if your question went unanswered it certainly must have caused others to have something to "chew" on -- for one, it made me think about the use of a spey rod for a species I wouldn't have thought of before (not that might be of much help to you specifically -- but it did make me think) -- however for most of us here it is more important to get a "bite" from a fish (trout, bass, pike, tarpon, steelhead, salmon, walleye, or whatever) rather than to try to take a "bite" out of NAFF -- any way, I personally don't want to get into a "conflict" on this or any other forum -- there's enough unrest in the world already -- fly fishing brings me peace of mind -- besides the steelhead are on, so I'm hitting the river
Tight lines, Mike
"Fly fishing is solitary, contemplative, misanthropic, scientific in some hands, poetic in others, and laced with aesthetic considerations. It's not even clear if catching fish is actually the point." -John Gierach