View Single Post
Old 11-22-2008, 11:17 PM

Jackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant future
Default Re: I dont quite understand the reasoning behind SAGE'S BASS ROD..........

I don't know if it's the rod, the line that comes with the rod or both but I do know after casting it a few days I could shoot 70-80' of line with one back cast with it then pick up all that line as if it was a missed strike and lay it right back down on spot. That beats the pants out of reeling all that line up to cast again as in conventional gear.
My first trial at rods like that were with Scotts short, powerful rod years before Sag ē 'invented' it. They say it was made for mangrove fishing and for fishing out of kayaks where landing a fish with a longer rod could easily make for rod failure. Rods are not built to bend back on themselves. I'm sure a few of you have broken rods by high-sticking when landing a fish or when stringing a rod up to have something snag and the tip doubled over.
It's just too bad for Scott they didn't think to call them bass rods and they didn't work out selling them with specialized lines.