View Single Post
Old 11-23-2008, 07:09 AM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I dont quite understand the reasoning behind SAGE'S BASS ROD..........

I have the Sage Smallmouth rod with a Bauer Rogue reel and I really like the set-up. It does cast extremely easily, although as another poster mentioned, it doesn't like to aerialize a lot of line with false casting; in my hands it's definitely a rod for shooting line to get distance. I don't really see any downside to it. I fish smallmouths some with a friend who uses a Sage Z-Axis 9' 7 wt. rod. We're getting about the same distance on our casts in bigger water and we're landing about the same number of fish. So, I'm keeping the Smallmouth rod. It works, it's easy to fish and it's got plenty of reserve muscle for when you land that occasional "not so small" smallmouth.