View Single Post
Old 12-27-2011, 10:37 PM

williamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tiger eye rod blanks?

As for where to buy, here's a good place. I've gotten good service and fast shipping.

I've built two, a brown tiger-eye 7'6" 3/4 wt and then one of their green ones 9' 4/5wt. I love my 3/4 wt, it's my go-to trout rod. I built the 4/5 as a gift, but gave it a test run and it cast beautifully. If you search this forum for 'Sevier' you'll find some info. If you search the rod building forum for it as well there will be even more since all they cover is rod building.

As a side note, in my experience and from what I've heard, assume the rod will cast best with the higher line weight. I tried my 3/4 with a 3wt line and it just didn't cast well until a lot of line was out. Similar with the 4/5wt with a 4wt line.