View Single Post
Old 12-28-2011, 09:47 AM

wjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant future
Default Re: Distance casting summary by Mike Heritage

Dan,

Lasse has a super smooth casting stroke. Footage I've seen of his winning cast at the Danish Casting championships and other distance events do not look a whole lot different from that video of a short cast.

Jackster,

I think it's a smart move on the FFF's part by making the "Loop" a part of the public domain. It's just a matter of statistics, I think. The more people who become aware of its existance and purpose, the more new members the organization will attract. It's one thing to read an article and another entirely to meet the author at a FFF conclave or event, and actually cast with him.

I don't know what the normal copyright proceedures are in the fishing publications, but in the magazines I used to write for, the publishers had an "exclusive" for a period of only 90 days.

After that, I could have the material republished so long as it was accompanied by "First Pulblished by X Magazine, July 2003 Issue". The actual copyright rights were mine, and I only granted them a time-specific "first publishing' right.

They did, however, send out their own photo team to shoot pictures; but would give me a disc with the many hundreds of pictures - many of which I have used since- crediting them with the photography. So they are getting "free advertising" with each of their photos as well as the articles themselves.

Likewise, I would think that the authors of those articles, if they chose to, could first have them published, for compensation, in a sporting magazine, then later re-published in "Loop". Or alternately, publish a collection of their articles in a separate book later.