View Single Post
Old 01-01-2012, 03:14 PM

dean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant future
Default Re: Sage VT2 vs Z axis vs Winston B2X 9' 9wt 4pc

Is there a shop around where you can go cast them? It's the only way to find out. There are a lot of knowledgeable folks here and willing to share opinions with you, but for picking out a rod, it is all about personal preference, other people's opinions should not make a difference. For example, mikel loves his VT2, I cast a friends 6wt VT2 once and I can't think of anything good to say about it. It felt like a broom stick to me. Now is mikel wrong for liking it? Am wrong for disliking it? No and no. It's just what we happen to like.

Where in SW Michigan are you? I grew up in Coloma! Last time I was visiting home by brother and I drove down to Lunkers in Edwardsburg...they actually have a pretty good fly rod selection.