View Single Post
Old 01-01-2012, 08:41 PM

FrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sage VT2 vs Z axis vs Winston B2X 9' 9wt 4pc

I've decided that it's no longer possible for me to say, "I have X model rod in a Y weight and like it, therefore it would be a great Z weight rod." There's probably a darn good reason why Sage doesn't build ZXL rods past a 6wt, etc. Having said that....I'd look at the Winston Passport for a bargain price rod. The Yellowstone Angler guys loved it, and James Anderson said he felt like he was witnessing a revolution in the fly rod industry as a result of fishing the Passport. While the Yellowstone guys loved the 5wt Z-Axis, they were not particularly impressed with the Z-Axis in heavier line weights. Offering a rod in 20 different configurations is bound to make some of the rods winners, and others a bit disappointing.