View Single Post
Old 01-04-2012, 08:00 PM

lancer09 is a glorious beacon of lightlancer09 is a glorious beacon of lightlancer09 is a glorious beacon of lightlancer09 is a glorious beacon of lightlancer09 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: The Official BIG STREAMER thread

Under most circumstances I would call that a large pattern Gator. big streamers are oftenthought of as more contemporary, funky, and new streamers.

I'm sure some people have tied some large mickey finns or black ghosts, at the same time I have nothign against it but that's not what comes to mind when I think about this thread. Shoot, I'm sure a lot of salmon flies, and spey flies are pretty big and I think they are pretty cool.

I think Eunan is onto sometimng about having this thread, especially regarding tying these flies. It will be nice to have a quality thread archived with a lot of flies on here under this category of fly without having to search six pages into the tying section.

Maybe it's just my opinion but I see nothign against seeing some "smaller" i.e. 2-4 inch streamers on here, especially those that are of a modern origination.