View Single Post
Old 01-04-2012, 08:07 PM

mbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to behold
Cool Awsome First day of fishing for 2012

Hi everyone,
Today was my first trip on the water for 2012, and first trip on the creek with my new Allen gear, and dispite low numbers the trip was epic! I started the day off a bit later then I hoped but with temps around 30 I wasnt goign fast. I got on the creek and started making my rounds at the usual spots. I got a small surprise at the bottom of a rapid when I draged in a small brown trout, which are stocked in very low numbers in this creek. I did get this catch on video which Ill add later. Fishing was very slow for awhile after that untill I caught a small bow, normal stocker fish. I was on the way toward a trail connection when I decided to fish the outflow of the next rapid, and WOW am I glad i did! I had a small nibble followed by a strong run.( First time this has happend to me) I was in shock for moment trying to get my line sorted and on the reel. After a surprisingly short fight I landed a rare for the creek big bow. I was kinda surprised after the adrenalin slowed down on how short the fight was, but the fish had some wounds and a funny looking eye so my guess it was just weak. either way a great start to 2012. This was also the test run on my gopro hd for use on the creek and with good results will be seen once I get the video posted. heres the pics!!!

Click the image to open in full size.

I have no pics of the brown trout, itll be in the video.

heres to 2012
Mike