View Single Post
Old 01-05-2012, 07:55 AM

sweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant future
Default Re: Does Anyone Own an Orvis Odyssey IV Reel?

Good Morning H-R, I just pulled my little-used Odyssey III out of the draw and dissasembled it. It is not only Orvis's best built reel ever but a very intelligent riff (via long-time Orvisite Jim LePage) on the classic draw-bar theme. Cork disc against a rulon disk instead of against the inner surface of the spool alows for the dual-dogs to engage gear teeth on the inner circumfrence of the drag plate - a unique and clever set-up. A dab of grease (SuperLube) on the dogs, light oil on the treaded parts and Neats Foot Oil on the cork once a year and it should be good to go.

I was, however, unaware that there were differences in design between the III and IV...please keep us posted. And, if it has failed you, it does not belong in your "Reel Love"... that is for reels you love!