Thread: turkey feathers
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2012, 02:18 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: turkey feathers

While I have read posts that describe all sorts of treatments and precautions that include almost everything except religious ceremonies I have never done anything to 'treat' a feather. If I add whole bird pelts or partial skins to my collection I make sure the skin was treated with a mixture of salt & Borax to draw out moisture and fatty oils from the raw side but that's about it. When adding harvested skins to my materials I am also old fashioned enough that I keep a couple moth balls in my feather drawers.

If you mean washing or the like I have never done that either. Hope that is of help but remember it's just the way I do things and others may have a different view on this.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;