View Single Post
Old 12-03-2008, 09:33 PM

MikeyBob365 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: beginner got a good set up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeMcFly View Post
you got 3 rod/reels setups? a 4wt rod/reel setup and also a 6wt rod/reel set up and thevintage rod/reel? if so all these should work fine. just make sure if you have a 6wt rod you want a 6wt reel and a 6 wt fly line. if you got a 4wt you want a 4wt rod and a 4wt fly line. you need to match up the rod and reel and line so it casts right. sounds to me like they set it up and everything so you should be good to go. do you got any flies, indicators and splitshot? find out whats there biting, get some of those flies and tie them on and go catch some trout! you will be hooked for life
sorry bout the confusion
i got the rod and reel combo, it doesn't say anything about weight, the only other legible thing on the rod is where it says all the other **** about the model and what not (8007 8 1/2 c-hch-gbf is all it reads)

and then i got the medalist reel and i didn't see anything about the weight on that

the thing i meant when i said i got 4 wt line was it came free with my medalist... and thats the only size he had at that shop at the flee market

and when i was at sportsman's the guy there (said he'd been fly fishing around 35 years, fishin in general 50) messed with my reel a lil and said it felt like 6 wt to him

hope that clears up anything?