Thread: a foody thread?
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2012, 09:40 PM

dean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant future
Default Re: a foody thread?

Thanks Casey, I would have never gone that route!

I found a creole flavored beef stew recipe from Emeril. I love creole/cajun flavors and methods, and I have a freezer of venison and antelope from a lucky and successful hunting season this year. I'm not a big venison roast fan, so when I butchered this year I cut for stew hunks, stir fry / fajita strips and some round steaks. This way, using good cuts of meat rather than the neck and misc. hunks, you get really nice tender stew meats.

I dredged with creole seasoned flour before browning, plus onion, carrot and celery (which I was out of), fresh basil and thyme and garlic:

Click the image to open in full size.

Remove the browned meat, cook veggies down then add aromatics for just a couple minutes, remove it all. There was a real nice fond of browned stuff, deglaze with red wine, add brown stock, can of crushed tomatoes, meat and veggies and simmer it down.

Really good recipe. Nice slow warm heat and that essential cajun flavor.