Thread: Trout to Bass
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2012, 03:29 PM

swirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Trout to Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by s fontinalis View Post
Found this thread on a search for bass info.
I'm thinking to get some bass fishing in this year.

Question is about rods
I have an 8wt, mostly used for steelhead, and 5wt for trout (and a 3 wt, which is out of the question from what i've read so far). So is the 8 wt overkill, and the 5 wt too light? would a 6 or 7 be better suited.
Im not adverse to buying a new rod, but if i can get by with what have that would be good to, at least for the time being

Thanks
Eunan,

You might be the motivation I need. I've been meaning to hit a few LargeMouth lakes in South Jersey. You want to drive over the bridge and meet me there? I use a 6 or a 7WT. A five can handle the abuse but throwing some of the bigger flies is a pain in the A@$ with a 5wt.

Marco