View Single Post
Old 12-11-2008, 06:49 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Hair Leadwing Coachman

Red,

I've never tied a lead wing coachman either way. I have tied a lot of patterns but not that one. As for the what Salmon prefer issue I have to ask what species of Salmon and where are you fishing?

Generally I like feather over hair, (literally speaking) sparse hair to serve as an underwing and to add color as needed. For certain applications I use all bunny fur dyed to fit the need. These are used on fresh run fish close to the salt and are mostly attractor patterns.

For fish farther up the channel who have been here a while I use streamers that more closely imitate small fish such as a Grey Ghost or a Whitlock's Sculpin.

The real answer is in the fly itself, if it catches fish tie more.