View Single Post
Old 01-18-2012, 09:27 PM

ra40 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Introduction and Some BC Questions!

Hi Max, I live and guide in the Vancouver area, grown up here so can help.
There is so much fishing opportunity in BC it's hard to know where to start. If I was to pick my favorite fisheries within 5 hours drive of Vancouver I would choose to fish some stillwater lakes between Williams Lake and Kamloops for rainbow trout, there are lots of tropy lakes in this region, if you have a pontoon boat or belly boat you would be fine, might have to rent a skiff or pram on larger lakes. I would fish the Adams River large trout, I would fly fish the Upper Pitt river 1 hour east of Vancouver, you would have to hire a guide for that fishery. If your in the Vancouver area in the Fall you can also fly fish for salmon on the Fraser, Harrison, Stave, Squamish rivers.

If your looking to travel distances, I would travel to Skeena Region and fish some of the smaller rivers systems in that region, there salmon runs are earlier than the fraser so you could fish salmon in July, August.

My site is STS Fishing Guides - Fishing in British Columbia for Salmon and Sturgeon most of the information you will find is about Vancouver & Fraser Valley, I have lots or articles, where to fish and 140 fly patterns. For information on BC fishing I would suggest you visit these popular BC fishing websites.

Fishing in B.C. Canada is what AnglingBC is all about with fishing vacations, fishing lodges, fishing Guides, flyfishing and Salmon, Sturgeon, Steelhead fishing
Fishing BC | Salmon, Trout, Steelhead, Sturgeon | Fishing with Rod
British Columbia Angler Fishing Forum - BCFR Home
Fly Fishing British Columbia
Fly Fishing, Fly Tying & Spey Casting Forum - Fly Fish BC Angling Forum

Good luck

Click the image to open in full size.