View Single Post
Old 01-19-2012, 05:07 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Reel Love, the fly reel thread

Don't let the snow get you down, there's always Elk Creek right up the road a piece. You can always scratch a fish or 2 out of that, even now. They might be pretty dark but they seem to be there all winter.

All the St. Johns are collector items as well as good fishing reels. I'm not sure how far back you go to find the three screw latch, maybe pre 68'.

As for the Odyssey reel, I got it back and give a big Plus 1 to the Orvis reel shop. Not only did they cure the drag issue, they replaced the drag knob! The drag dial was the only part of the reel with a scrape and they put a new one on it! How that knob got a deep gash is the stuff of a thread I'll wright and post to general discussion forum soon. I have always been amazed that the whole reel was not demolished by what happened to it. I credit tough construction and good luck on my part.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;