View Single Post
Old 01-19-2012, 07:51 PM

silver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vermont BANS Felt Soled Wadding Boots

My belief is that there is a fairness issue .

Most of you are unaware that in the passed Vermont legislation, there is an exemption for state and federal employees. Why is this fact not mentioned? I had to dig it out of the legislative files.

This allows Vermont fisheries as well as other personnel to use felt soled waders and boots. It seems to me that if banning felt is important, Vermont fisheries workers, who are routinely in the waters and are more likely to be in different watersheds routinely, should be the first to transition to rubber soles. Instead the Vermont exempts their own employees while mandating a change for the fishermen.

If the ban is based on science, should it not apply to everyone? This is the kind of legislation that burdens the public, but exempts government which drives me nuts.

From Vermont's own legislative site:

"Sec. 1. 10 V.S.A. 4616 is added to read: 4616. FELT-SOLED BOOTS AND WADERS; USE PROHIBITED

It is unlawful to use external felt-soled boots or external felt-soled waders in the waters of Vermont, except that a state or federal employee or emergency personnel, including fire, law enforcement, and EMT personnel, may use external felt-soled boots or external felt-soled waders in the discharge of official duties."

http://www.leg.state.vt.us/docs/2010...ssed/H-488.pdf

So the ultimate irony is that a Vermont warden can give you a citation for wearing felt boots while wearing felt boots himself. How crazy is that?

Silver

"Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought"..........Szent-Gyorgy