View Single Post
Old 01-20-2012, 07:44 AM

futuramille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud of
Default Re: yellow sally/golden stone nymph SBS

Hey dean, thanks for asking. in the instructions, I have one wrap holding it and then the foam comes over but I pull the feather out the front and tighten the foam and feather down before trimming. the foam gets trimmed and the feather is a bit longer after trimming so the head finish must grab the ends even more. I don't have any issues with the legs falling out between the friction of the feather and all the head wraps. it lasts quite well.

on another point, sometimes I use hen hackle or partridge and those feathers are much shorter and a bit harder to work with. the real trick to making it work is to have the feather quill with the legs not be so long that it doesn't fit between the eye and the back of the foam. otherwise, the foam pushes the feather sideways when you pull the foam over. though it still works out when you pull the feather through, there is a chance that one side of the legs end up shorter than the other.