View Single Post
Old 01-22-2012, 02:07 PM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Crazy Catchs and Crazier C and R s

Many years of fly fishing have brought with it some real oddball catches along with some crazy releases. Some of them include otters, beaver, snapping turtles and other assorted terrapins, alligators , snakes ( including a timber rattler , scary release) terns, gulls, humans and bats just to name a few.
One very memorable one was on the Battenklll River in Vermont. At the height of my backcast I get a hit that starts zig zagging with my fly behind me.After the shock of realizing I had a bat on I started stripping in. And his reaction was I'm gonna fly right at this guy every time he trys to strip . Luck would have it the leader parted. A good thing cause I had no idea how I was releasing this critter.
Another favorite took place in Curaçao . Casting streamers along side a jetty by by the hotels beach I was catching big needlefish jacks and assorted tropicals. One cast just beyond the end of the jetty I'm in to a big one . Short strong powerful runs , wow! And then it happens : My big one comes up wetsuit mask and tanks and starts yelling at me! Oops! He's hooked in the weight belt and mad as hell! The only response I could muster up was "Sorry but where is your marker and divers flag. He gave me my fly back and swam away.
I've got more but I'd like to hear some of your crazy catches and crazier catch and releases.
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser