View Single Post
Old 12-14-2008, 10:40 AM

Jackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant future
Default Re: How far can you cast?

Quote:
Originally Posted by randyflycaster View Post
One of the things I like about fly casting as a sport, is that I can do it by myself and compete against myself.

I guess I would like to see more tournaments with off-the-rack rods. I think that would help the sport grow.

The Best-of-the-West tournaments are great, but what about us guys in the East?

Randy
We're working on some sort of formal casting contest here in the southeast. The Carolina Fly Fishing Club has informal courses set-up at certain events, but more for fun and bragging rights. A few of us would like to see that expanded to something more formal.

BlueDun, In every casting event I've entered, accuracy trumped distance every time. The distance leg of the competition scored less that the accuracy but gave definite chest-thumping rights!