View Single Post
Old 01-23-2012, 08:56 AM

tbblom has much to be proud oftbblom has much to be proud oftbblom has much to be proud oftbblom has much to be proud oftbblom has much to be proud oftbblom has much to be proud oftbblom has much to be proud oftbblom has much to be proud of
Default Re: Vest, Lanyard or Chest Pack?

I like to have a complete arsenal at all times, so I wear a vest usually (streamers, nymphs, midges, dries, crayfish, and some other weirdness in summer). I keep a reel in one of the back pockets with a spare spool of sinking line. Grab the vest and a rod tube and I am ready to go, whether stillwater or rivers. I dress for work kind of drab so I can hit the creek over lunch or after work. My vest has a nice pouch for my net as well.

Hiking in a few miles, I will just take the basics: nippers, forceps, tippet, and a single fly box in the top of my pack. I have tried the hip-pack, but I don't like how everything is jumbled in one or two pockets (where is the darn tippet?! Always at the bottom).

I've considered trying a lanyard, but I don't like having stuff hanging around my neck while I am bushwhacking. I would probably slip and fall and hang myself. Doh!

The sling bag might work, but I can't deal with the man-purse under my arm.

Instagram page @tblom77