View Single Post
Old 01-23-2012, 09:56 AM

tbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Vest, Lanyard or Chest Pack?

I like to have a complete arsenal at all times, so I wear a vest usually (streamers, nymphs, midges, dries, crayfish, and some other weirdness in summer). I keep a reel in one of the back pockets with a spare spool of sinking line. Grab the vest and a rod tube and I am ready to go, whether stillwater or rivers. I dress for work kind of drab so I can hit the creek over lunch or after work. My vest has a nice pouch for my net as well.

Hiking in a few miles, I will just take the basics: nippers, forceps, tippet, and a single fly box in the top of my pack. I have tried the hip-pack, but I don't like how everything is jumbled in one or two pockets (where is the darn tippet?! Always at the bottom).

I've considered trying a lanyard, but I don't like having stuff hanging around my neck while I am bushwhacking. I would probably slip and fall and hang myself. Doh!

The sling bag might work, but I can't deal with the man-purse under my arm.