Thread: What knot?
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2008, 03:36 PM

Jimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant future
Default Re: What knot?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Whiton View Post
Hi Jimmie,

Here is a trick that makes tying the Nail Knot easier. Use a short piece of plastic tubing instead of a nail or needle. You tie the not the same but when you feed the line back through the knot, you just slide it into the tube. Then withdraw the tube and tighten the knot. The tube allows you to wind the line tighter on the outside. A tube like that used on a WD-40 Can is just right but you need to shorten it.

Also in the FAQ is a question that provides links to all of the needed knots used in fly fishing.

Frank
Thanks again everybody.

Frank: that tube worked great. I was just about to snip off a piece of WD40 tube when I thought canned air so I got a 3" piece from there. It made the nail knot fairly quick and painless. It could be easy with a little practice. I used that backing to fly line.
Crittergetter: that knot link is awesome, thanks. I put it in favorites with the others.
Joni: I'm heading to Sportsman Warehouse (open on Sunday) to get some 6/0 fly tying thread. I'm going to try the loop. Anything I need to know? Thanks.