View Single Post
Old 01-23-2012, 06:28 PM

swirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How does an Overhead Two Handed cast differ from a Spey or Switch cast?

Quote:
Originally Posted by floorabove View Post
Neil I. Am new at this but I definetely recommmend the 8wt TicrX and extension kit.

You can use the 8wt single hand. And the extension kit with two hands We just need to find out which line would be best for the extended 11'3" ticrx 8wt.

The 8 wt SH should be enough to land bonefish, the key is the reel for and backing when it comes to bones. You ll need a good drag and lots of backing. At least thats how it looks on the sarurday morning fishing shows.
I spend tons of time chasing Stripers in the salt and I recently went through what your going through when I went to two handed overhead surf casting. You should be fine with the TiCrX switch setup, just call or email TFO to find out the grain window for that setup like Dan said. I can probably save you a little time also. What is your go to single hand setup (rod&line) for the salt?

P.S. Don't worry about what the Sat morning show host says about extra backing and drag for bones. If you've caught 30lb Stripers or 10lb Albies with your gear you'll be just fine.